Here’s your uptempo playlist for this issue. Jazz and post punk, for energy and motivation.
- Logan Kane Nonet – Golf (from Nope, Science). To which this publication responds, yep science :)
- Miguel Zenón – Tainos Y Caribes (from Música De Las Américas)
- Terms – Your Cutting Strokes Start to Heave (from Asbestos Mouth)
- Teodross Avery – Volatility (from Post Modern Trap Music)
- The Messthetics – Better Wings (from Anthropocosmic Nest)
- Tomas Fujiwara’s Triple Double – Pack Up, Coming for You (from March)
- William Parker – Tabasco (from Mayan Space Station)
Re: Noam Chomsky, I’m trying to imagine what it must be like to be the founder of modern linguistics, discover universal grammar, and then have people use its fallacies like ad hominem against you your whole life. Man, we’re lucky to have someone on the level of Bertrand Russell doing peace work for so long. Thank you Professor Chomsky.
— Professor Chomsky has “words of caution” about the uprising in Iran. (source)
— NASA releases photos from the new space telescope. (source)
Webb telescope deep field seeing back in time near to the Big Bang.
— There were shout-outs in this issue to Bertrand Russell and Douglas Adams.
— Further reading:
- Syntactic Structures by Noam Chomsky
- Consequences of Capitalism by Noam Chomsky and Marv Waterstone